Frequently Asked Questions

I’m having trouble logging into the membership portal.

If your username and/or password aren’t working, please call the office and someone will assist you in resetting.

How can I add and or remove access for an employee in my company?

Making updates to an employee’s access needs to be completed by an ICIA administrator. Please call the office to make updates.

How do I request bulk transfers for certified seed?

If you are wanting to ship certified seed into Indiana that was grown and produced outside the state, reach out to the crop improvement from the state where the seed is being shipped from. If certified seed was grown and conditioned in the state of Indiana but needs to be shipped out of state, reach out to ICIAs sample admin department.

How can I correct information on an already submitted sample?

If a correction needs to be made on a submitted sample, please call the office so we make the correction.

What crops are tested at ICIA?

The genetics lab has the capability to test corn, soybeans, sorghum, wheat, oats and barley. The seed lab has the ability to test most types of seed.

How long will it take to get my results?

The amount of time it takes to complete a test varies depending on the crop, test and time of year the samples are submitted. During the months of September through January expect a slightly longer turnaround time as that is our peak time in the lab. GMO, Non GMO Project, ELISA testing occurs within 5 business days from receipts. For specific details please call the office.

How much seed do you need for testing?

The amount of seed needed for testing depends on the tests and species being requested. Please, contact the office for specific details.

How do I pay my bill?

Bills are sent monthly and can either be paid online or by check. If you were emailed your invoice, click on the link to make an online payment. Please be aware that an online credit card payment will incur a 3.5% service fee. You can also remit a check payable to Indiana Crop Improvement Association and mail to our address 7700 Stockwell Road, Lafayette, IN 47909

If I have a billing issue, who should I contact?

If your question is specific to a test or service, you should call our office at (765) 523-2535 and ask for the lab supervisor or field supervisor. If the nature of your billing issue is accounting related, you can call the office and ask for the bookkeeper.

Why do I need to certify my seed?

To maintain the varietal purity and identity of your seed.

What is the process to get fields certified in the state of Indiana?

Please contact the office and someone will be able to assist you.

When will I receive my field inspection application, and how do I submit my field inspection application?

Based on the crop, field applications will be sent out in early/late spring via email. All field inspection applications can be submitted to ICIA here.

Not a Member Yet?

Sign up today to recieve all membership benefits such as sending in samples and viewing test results through your personalized web portal.